Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

A friend of mine introduced to me to this band over winter break called Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Don't let the name fool you because I know it sounds kind of ridiculous. They're an alternative band with like a 60s folk twist. Their different from any music I've ever listened to, so that attracted me right off the bat. Probably their most popular song, Home, really gets to me. It's pretty simple, it talks about how 2 people who are madly in love with one another (the 2 main singers). The chorus is also simple, it goes:

Ahh, Home
Let me come Home
Home is whenever I’m with you
Ahh, Home
Let me come Home
Home is when I’m alone with you

Listening to the song makes me think of my friends and family and good memories I've had with them. Obviously, I think about home too and no matter how many times I listen to it I get in this great mood. I get in this very relaxed, peaceful zone where everything is right. It's amazing what music can do for people some times.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a fan of those relaxed bands that have that classic sound like Grizzly Bear and other up and coming band which are utilizing the sounds of yesteryear hahha. I checked out a tid-bit of "Home" on Itunes and they sound pretty familiar, I can't just figure out how but I like it. ahha. It seems like since being in college I've been indulging in music that reminds me of home and friends as well. It seems like music really is the cure for almost everything. ahha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Songs that bring up good memories are great. There are tons of songs that I listen that bring up fond memories of friends and family. Its good that it doesnt take pictures or concersation to rekindle the good things in life. I've never heard that band before but when I'm done with this comment I'm gonna look up the song.

    ReplyDelete