Friday, April 23, 2010

The Best and Worst

Out of my papers, I think my personal analysis is my best. This paper involved talking about myself, which was easier than I thought. The words flowed for me and before I knew it I had 5 pages. With research papers or book analysis, it's hard to show your voice. With the personal analysis paper, the voice came naturally which really made the paper stand out from the rest. And I think because I enjoyed writing it more than the others, I spent more time on the analysis making it that much better. It's much easier analyzing what I thought at a certain time, than analyzing what I think somewhat thought at that point in time (if that made any sense.) I also felt there was less errors in the paper as a whole because I wasn't citing, or quoting as much. This luxury probably contributed to more focus on the analysis than worrying about those little things.

My weakest paper is definitely my research paper. I struggle between informing and arguing. As of now, my paper has no focus whatsoever or purpose for that matter. When using texts from several different authors, giving background information, citing, its difficult for me to really figure out my paper. If I were to turn it in right now, I'm pretty sure someone would stop reading after the first couple pages. What I need to with this paper in the next couple weeks is pin point a purpose and go with it.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read your personal analysis paper which is the one you just sent right? I will definitely read it before class since obviously this is our assignment. ahha. I will say that I have to disagree with what you think about your research paper. I really enjoyed it and I think it has a lot of good information. It's now simply a matter of adding a bit more of your voice into the paper and then a few more paragraphs that involve your primary source. It's also a topic that not many people would probably write about as well so I think that that also gives it originality points as well. hah. I thought mine would be how you're describing yours but with too much information about the primary source instead of the topic. Rachael said it did have a little too much commentary on the primary source but that it was a strong first draft. I think that you just need to tweak it, especially after receiving it back from Rachael and you'll do just fine! See you on Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete